Sydney Exhibition Center
Import Export Expo
Brand Awareness & leads
Pattens Specializes in Getting Government Grants for businesses and individuals, with over 400 grants available ranging from $1000000 grants to R&D (research and development) plus many government assists. The bulk of the Grants are for exporters and one other problem Pattens was facing was that many businesses that imported and then exported those goods were not aware that they were classed at exporters and had grants available.
- The Import Export show has back to back seminars throughout each of the 2 days at the expo which limited the number of people walking around the expo
- The seminar room was an escalator ride away from the exhibition area, which limited the visitors actually coming into the expo
- Many people were not aware that they qualified for an exporters grant
In order to get inside the heads of Pattens, I went in to their office to learn about the grants and to learn about their customers, I also held a pre show – How to exhibit” training session as this was the first time Pattens had ever exhibited.
I learned about how exporters work and in a nutshell all it is is “Non Australian Money coming into an Australia bank account” so many people who imported goods and then exported those goods were eligible- in fact if the good never even entered the country as long as the money came in- it was exporting
THE CORE MESSAGE GIVEN TO ME BY PATTENS:
“If there is a Government grant for your business we will find it” which is their slogan.
After researching their business their slogan “If there is a Government grant for your business we will find” it is incomplete– because not only do Pattens find it they also get it for you and hold your hand throughout the process of getting it, I had to:
- Qualify Exporters at the stand and by pass people that only imported
- Educate those exporters on the different types of benefits
- Commit those to talk business with Pattens
THE PRESENTATION SYNOPSIS:
Could $150,000 help your business? This was an easy opening statement because obviously the answer is yes. At the start of the core presentation I would attract crowds of people both importers and exporters because many importers who exported didn’t realise they could get grants so I had to stop everyone and then use great entertainment to keep them engaged long enough for me to communicate and educate what exporters actually were.
Back to Back seminars are a killer for traffic flow and this is the single thing that kills what I do- without people in the expo- I can’t stop people (obviously)
Instead of working 2-3 times an hour- I worked whenever their was people in the expo- sometimes for 3 people and sometimes during the breaks I had 30 people, it had to be constant for 7 hours a day- very tiring to perform for that amount of time.
PRE SHOW TRAINING
Having never exhibited before they needed to know the:
- psychology of the visitors and how they buy
- What to say word for word and how to qualify in 5 words to save time, and make sure they didn’t spend time talking to non customers
- How to get rid of a non customer
- How to record data to generate real leads
- How to use body language at the stand to ensure professional image
5 MONTHS FEEDBACK AFTER THE EXPO
“By engaging the services of David Welzman,
Infotainer, at the 2008 Import/Export Trade
Show we were able to generate over 500%
more qualified leads that the other exhibitors.
We thoroughly recommend David to any
business exhibiting at a Trade Show and we
intend to use his services at the 2009 Import /
Export Trade Show.
Businesses that rely exclusively on trying to
distract passing attendees and do not use the
services of an infotainer like David at Trade
Shows will achieve
comparable results to a mail out”
–Bruce Pattens The Pattens Group
Pattens has booked Welzman 5 more times
Still have doubts?
Read up on our 100% Guarantee to increase lead generation